Friday, June 1, 2007

NEWS LETTER '05


PTL! Another month has passed (4 more to go YAY!!) and it has been even better than the one before---not easier but definitely better.

I thought I had cried all the tears I had left to cry, boy was I wrong! (I have to mention though that the Lord has lovingly wiped each one of them away.) I thought the hardest part was over--not quite.

It was a difficult month for different reasons some too long to even begin to explain, but what you should all know is that I’m still here, still hanging on, and still fighting alongside you in prayer and by the grace of God I will continue to do so.

I’ve felt so weak this month both physically and spiritually. I felt it was too much strain to even hold on to the Lord’s hand and that’s when He said to me: “You don’t have to strive so hard to hold My hand, just let Me hold yours.” Isn’t He the best?

Have you ever felt like a “rotten apple”? …For whatever reason? Well I know how that feels now for I have plenty of times this month, and I know it’s discouraging to feel that way and like no one really cares...But I tend to forget that there is some One who’s always there to love us and that looks into our hearts and deeper than anyone else can, can you guess who?... You got it, -- JESUS! He’s always there even when I fall and fail, even when I push Him away and when I don’t try my best. Even when He’s been waiting for me for hours and I’ve been ignoring Him, He’s always there; always faithful always loving. Isn’t He wonderful?

I’ve truly felt like I’ve been walking through the desert, the scorching sun burning me, the hot air striking my face, and the burning sand stinging my feet. Weak and tired of yet another sand storm, but my sweet Jesus has been faithful and has given me times of peace and surcease from the battle, shade from the sun, an oasis in the midst of the desert. And He’s helping me more often than not to look back and see the progress He’s helped me make. (It really does wonders for you to turn back and see how far you’ve come, you guys should try it, -- just ask the Lord to show you.)

This month the Lord has really taught me to be patient; to depend on Him fully because I don’t have anyone that I can depend on, but Him.

I “lost” my ticket to Mexico, (it got cancelled) and I have no money to get a new one, which means that I can’t go back there any time soon. (Mexico has been “my country.” It’s the only place where I could live ok, with not many problems and get a job… etc, etc). So the Lord closed that door and I know He wants me to continue being a missionary even without the “title” or status.

I think one difficult part of this month is realizing how much I’m missing. (I felt so sad about the XD, by next year I might not be able to attend as I will turn 22, buah!! But who knows He might have something up His sleeve), all the new Word coming out, like that “Gold, Roses and Thorns” GN. I saw the cover and I instantly thought... “Man, just from looking at it seems it was written just for me.”

You have the Word-- treasure it! Read it, enjoy it, and dwell on it. I’m getting a little taste of what it will be like in the End Time with no Word... but TTL! I’m going back to the basics and I know it won’t be forever. I know it’s definitely making me appreciate it more and I know by the time I get to read it I will be very, very happy to have it back...so read it, amen?

The Lord has also been very sweet to me this month and has given me the opportunity to visit a very close friend--(I LOVE YOU DEBBIE!!) and I was also able to say bye to a very close friend of mine who is going to India--(I’ll miss you Kat.) And He gave me many of my material heart’s desires. (He supplied a guitar, nice perfumes, clothes, an mp3 player, microphone\headphone set and some donations that came right when I needed them. He never fails). To encourage me He even told a good friend that was visiting the home here that I needed a charger and rechargeable batteries and He told him to get it for me (GBY! Victor). Does He spoil us or what?

I want to really thank you all for praying for me and caring for me. I would like to give special thanks to Mynomi—thank you for always being there. Gabe—thanks for your encouragement and care. Sara Powdrill—thanks for taking the time to hear from the Lord for me. Debbie—thank you for your encouragement and sample that says more than words.

Well, those were some of the victories I had this month. I hope this will be an encouragement to any of you who have been going trough difficult times this month.

If I can make it...SO CAN YOU!

People have said to me recently: “We’re so proud of you for making it and for doing this and that...” But the truth is-- I’m just doing exactly what you’re doing. I’m choosing to stand. I’m choosing to fight and hold on to the Lord even with my last breath and so are you! Therefore, we’re going to make it no doubt. Remember it’s all about wanting that crown every day. I love you all very much, thank you for your prayers, love and care. XOOXOXOX—Consuelo

The battle is not over yet so please continue to keep me in your prayers.

3 comments:

Steve Halifax said...

God bless you Consuelo,
I am so proud of you.You are a fighter! It looks like the fire is making you more beautiful then ever.It is a high price to pay but the Lord will be able to use you even more than before.

I love you and will keep you in my prayers.

Love, Celeste(of Chris) Mexico

anna said...

Well done Consuelo. A beautiful letter from a beautiful heart that the Lord is refining. You're going to be such a treasure. I love you!

Aegle Nymph said...

Thank you girls sooo much for your prayers and support. I LOVE YOU!!--Consuelo